5' to 3' exonuclease

Klaus Salger salger at wap4.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Mon May 8 06:20:50 EST 1995

Ramesh Errabolu (errabolu at mayo.edu) wrote:
: Hai folks, I am seeking some help in finding a exonuclease.
: The exonuclease has to be 5' to 3' and should require single
: stranded DNA as template and not double stranded. I would
: appreciate any info in this direction. Thanks a lot

Ramesh,
I don't know of a single strand specific 5'-3' exonuclease but
if you want to get rid of a 5'-overhang for cloning you could use
mung bean nuclease which digests single strands irrespective of wether
they are 5'- or 3'-overhangs.

Cheers
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany