OLIGO Software Package for PCR Primer Selection

Kevin G. Korth kkorth at kcc.com
Mon May 8 15:44:45 EST 1995

We have been evaluating software packages to assist in PCR primer
selection and one package that we are leaning toward is OLIGO (National
Biosciences) [advertised heavily in Bio/techniques].  However, I have
heard some negative feedback on how well the primers work that are chosen
versus ones that are chosen manually. I don't know whether to believe it
or not.

Has anyone out there in cyberspace used OLIGO (or a better package)
and would be willing to send me some input before I fork out the $1.2
grand to purchase the package??

You can E-mail me directly at kkorth at kcc.com or post.  THANKS!

Kevin Korth
Molecular Biology Division