A cloning problem. Kind souls - please help!

Mon May 8 14:50:17 EST 1995

Ron,
I think I have an easier answer to your first question.  Try using a
"linker" oligo that basically will attach onto your Not I site and "link"
it to a Bam HI site via a basic sticky-end ligation.  These oligo's are of
minimal required size and are commercially available for people with
problems such as yours. (I think even Sigma has linkers, although I don't
know if they have the appropriate ones for your problem).  Good luck, and I
hope this helps
Darren Boehning
Pathology
Thomas Jefferson University