insertion of DNA into E. coli chromosome

Brad Nicholson brad at
Mon May 8 19:01:06 EST 1995

In article <elsemoda-0805951142520001 at>,
elsemoda at (David A. Elsemore) wrote:

> Hi,
 >I need to insert a 7.5 kbp fragment of DNA into the E. coli chromosome.

Dr. Kenneth Timmis is probably your best bet. He has produced a series of
mini-Tn5 based constructs.
See, De Lorenzo, Herrero, Jakubzik & Timmis. 1990. MIni-Tn5 Transposon
Derivatives for Insertion Mutagenesis, Promoter Probing, and Chromosomal
Insertion of Cloned DNO in Gram-Negative Eubacteria. Journal of
Bacteriology. 172:6568-6572.

Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.