taq isolation

Ron Kagan rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu
Tue May 9 14:08:40 EST 1995

In article <1995May6.103637.42909 at cobra.uni.edu> ,
jurgenson at cobra.uni.edu writes:

>I am interested in obtaining strains and protocols for the in house
preparation
>of Taq polymerase.  If you are will to help me out will you please
reply.  Jim
>James E. Jurgenson
>Department of Biology
>Universoity of Northern Iowa
>Cedar falls IA, 50614

As far as I know, the production of Taq polymerase is a patented process
and requires a license from the patent holder (Hoffman- LaRoche, I
think).  Isn't what you are proposing to do a violation of their patent
and illegal?

"You cannot strengthen one by weakening another; and you cannot
 add to the stature of a dwarf by cutting the leg off a giant."

                                - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Ron Kagan
rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu