taq isolation

Stephane Vuilleumier vuilleumier at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Tue May 9 14:42:23 EST 1995

In article <aa-0805951530410001 at fp1-biology-8.uoregon.edu> aa at ardvaark.org (Anon Y. Mouse) writes:
>From: aa at ardvaark.org (Anon Y. Mouse)
>Subject: Re: taq isolation
>Date: Mon, 08 May 1995 15:30:41 -0800

>In article <1995May6.103637.42909 at cobra.uni.edu>, jurgenson at cobra.uni.edu wrote:

>> I am interested in obtaining strains and protocols for the in house
>preparation
>> of Taq polymerase.  If you are will to help me out will you please reply.  Jim
>> James E. Jurgenson
>> Department of Biology
>> Universoity of Northern Iowa
>> Cedar falls IA, 50614

>VERY GOOD PROCEDURE IN PCR METHODS JOURNAL. PHENYL SEPHAROSE/HEPARIN SEPHAROSE
>construct is easily avalable, though low tech, or PCR from T.aq genomic (ATTCC)

Could somebody post this reference?
The one I have is
Engelke et al. 1990.
Purification of Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase expressed in Escherichia coli.
Analytical Biochemistry 191, 396-400 (1990)

Stephane

Stephane Vuilleumier
Mikrobiologisches Institut
ETH-Zurich
ETH-Zentrum/LFV             Tel:   (+41) 1 632 33 57
8092 Zurich                 Fax:   (+41) 1 632 11 48
Switzerland                 email: svuilleu at micro.biol.ethz.ch