Help! pfu DNA polymerase for PCR

John P. Aris, Ph.D. johnaris at anatomy.med.ufl.edu
Wed May 10 04:35:38 EST 1995

Dear colleagues,

I have been using the pfu DNA polymerase to try to amplify a 3-kb fragment, I
tried different conditions such as annealing temperatures at 45, 50, 55, 60
degrees, extension time 6, 7 and 8 minutes at 72 degrees. I am using the yeast
genomic DNA as template, I tried 10 and 100ng per 50 ul reaction and I also
tried 2.5 and 5 units per 50 ul reaction, each time I used taq polymerase as
a control. I can obtain a 3-kb product from taq but nothing from pfu. If
anybody knows how pfu works, would you please tell me about it? Thanks.

Pei Wu
Anatomy and Cell Biology
University of Florida
(904) 392-4563