ligation/transformation

schroeder at vzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de schroeder at vzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de
Fri May 12 03:31:28 EST 1995

Dear netters,

our problem is a dramatic reduction in transformation efficiency
with several bacterial strains. Ligations, when analyzed on a gel,
seemed to work fine. When used for transformation only very few colonies
are growing, which are very small and grow very slowly. Usually these don´t
contain inserts.
We have changed all components we could think of but couldn´t see any improvement.

Any suggestions?

Any kind of help is higly appreciated

Christian Schröder

Johannes Gutenberg-University at Mainz
Institut of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry
Duesbergweg 6
55099 Mainz, F.R.G.
Phone: 49-6131-39-5793
FAX:   49-6131-39-5792
Email: schroeder at VZDMZD.ZDV.UNI-MAINZ.DE