ligation/transformation

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Sun May 14 11:14:40 EST 1995

schroeder at vzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de wrote:
: Dear netters,

: our problem is a dramatic reduction in transformation efficiency
: with several bacterial strains. Ligations, when analyzed on a gel,
: seemed to work fine. When used for transformation only very few colonies
: are growing, which are very small and grow very slowly. Usually these don´t
: contain inserts.
: We have changed all components we could think of but couldn´t see any improvement.

: Any suggestions?

: Any kind of help is higly appreciated

: Christian Schröder

Could the gene be lethal to the bacteria? If so you need to regulate the
expression of the gene by using other expression vectors.
Good luck.

 --
				_/\_
			       _\  /_