More GFP info needed

I-Jen Huang gr8bn at cc.usu.edu
Sat May 13 12:48:16 EST 1995

In article <3p06d8$2cb8 at news.doit.wisc.edu> dubear at offroad (Dubear Kroening) writes:
>Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
>Subject: More GFP info needed
>From: dubear at offroad (Dubear Kroening)
>Date: 12 May 1995 17:37:44 GMT

>Hello,

>Stefan Baeckstroem replied with information concerning GFP, but I
>could not reach him using e-mail.

>He suggested using agar plates with a dark color.  Does anyone know
>what to add to achieve this?

>Also, he said not to use plastic petri dishes (I assume).  Has anyone
>used glass petri dishes, are they reusable, and where does one obtain
>these?

>Thanks for any and all info concerning GFP.

>Dubear Kroening
>dubear at whitewater.chem.wisc.edu

We have a undergrade in our lab working on the GFP protein for his
undergrade research project.  He used plastic petri dishes to grow the Ecoli
barring the pGFP plasmid at 37 C over night with or without IPTG.  He put a
piece of black paper under the plates and shined with long wavelength UV.
It was quite clear to distinguish the Ecoli barring pGFP from negative
control.

I-Jen Huang
Graduate Student
Gr8bn at cc.usu.edu