DNA form FORMALIN fixed specimens

Fred Waldman waldman at dmc.ucsf.edu
Thu May 4 19:48:39 EST 1995

We have been able to do comparative genomic hybridization on DNA from
formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded samples. DNA size does extend beyond
200 bp with our extraction procedure.  PCR amplification is problematic;
however we have had some success with degenerate-primed pcr using this
protocol.
Our protocols and experience are described in:

Isola J, DeVries S, Chu L, Ghazvini S, Waldman F:  Analysis of DNA
sequence copy number changes from archival paraffin embedded tumor
samples by comparative genomic hybridization. American J Path,
145:1301-1308, 1994.

I hope this helps.

Fred Waldman