Alternatives to Northern????????

Klaus Salger salger at wap4.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Tue May 16 15:08:22 EST 1995

Shahram Mori (smori at nmsu.edu) wrote:
: Dear Molbionetters,
: I am gonna be doing some RNA-level studies and northerns seem to be the
: last method of choice in my case. Are there any other methods where you
: can analyze the level of a transcript in a quanitative way? I can't do
: nuclear run ons because this is a procaryotic system.
: I really appreciate any help that you can give me.
: Thanks a million.
: Cheers.

You could try RNase protection assays or RT-PCR.

Cheers
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany