coli promoter probe

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Tue May 16 18:44:37 EST 1995

In article <15MAY199519410179 at portia.caltech.edu>, earn at portia.caltech.edu
(JUST ERIC) wrote:

> 	Does anybody have (or know who does) a promoter-probe vector for E.
coli?
>snip<

Check out-> Simons, Houman & Kleckner. 1987. Improved single and multicopy
lac-based cloning vectors for protein and operon fusions. Gene. 53:85-96.

Really good vectors and system to move promoter-reporter to single copy (in
the chromosome as a lambda lysogen).  This can get rid of nasty artifacts
due to multi-copy effects.  The only limits are the choice of sites, BamHI,
SmaI (In some cases) & EcoRI. If your promoter is known, you can PCR the
region of interest with appropriate ends, pop it in and off you go.

Brad.
Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.