Mac program for making banner for poster?

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Tue May 16 08:51:52 EST 1995

In article <aquilla.1150927665D at sadye.emba.uvm.edu>,
aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu (Tracy Aquilla) wrote:

> I have a Mac and need a program to make a banner (i.e. title) for a poster
> I'm presenting next week. Can anyone suggest something, preferably
> share-ware and an FTP site where I can find it? Thanks much.
>     tracy

You might try an archie search for "BannerMaker"  written by Jeff Backes.
I don't remember where I got it, but the version I'm using was written in
1989.  It works and I've made a lot of banners for myself and others with
it.  The only addresses that I can find in the documentation are

CIS : 72227,1130
MacNet : JEFFBACKES
OA: JEFFBACKES

So you may be able to e-mail him on compuserve.

I don't know whether its shareware or freeware because it doesn't say in
the docs.

Hope that helps

SRLasky