Detecting EACA?

brummer at cc.helsinki.fi brummer at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed May 17 14:41:27 EST 1995

Detection of EACA

We are currently extracting plasminogen from human blood serum for research
on plasminogen activation with certain bacteria.
We first extract the plasminogen using affinity chromatography and then
ellute it with EACA (epsilon-aminocaproic acid). This is then removed by
gel filtration (we hope).

The question is: How do you conveniently detect EACA or the lack of it?
It doesn't seem to work with a spectrophotometer, or does it?
Are there any other ways?

I would be thankful for any emailed help...

Mirko Brummer

Brummer at cc.Helsinki.fi

Student at Dept. of Microbiology, Univ. of Helsinki