Western Blotting: What makes it take a long time?

Daniel Kim dkim at nmsu.edu
Tue May 16 14:43:29 EST 1995

Hello:

I was looking at different Western blotters.  We have conventional
blotters with buffer tanks, and I have looked at graphite-electrode
"semi-dry" blotters.  The advertising claims that the semi-dry systems
can blot in a much smaller time.

What is it about the semi-dry configuration that makes them so much
faster?  Is it the distance between electrodes?  Is it the volume of
buffer?  Is there some geometrical or electrical factor of which I am
ignorant?

Where can I get this kind of information?

Thanks

Daniel Kim