split bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts?

"Alexander Kraev" bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch bckraev at wawona
Wed May 17 13:48:11 EST 1995

In article <Elich-170595095626 at mac6759.salk.edu>, Elich at sc2.salk.edu (Tedd Elich) writes:
>The number of postings on this news group is so large that perhaps it is
>time to split it up into
>various subjects such as PCR, sequencing, plasmids/cloning, antibodies,
>etc. ?  Any thoughts?

There is no problem monitoring the subject with a newsreader ( in contrast
to an e-mail subscription ), as the administrator has put it once. When some
other newsgroups do not produce more than 100 postings a day, it is not
the reason of merging them... On the other hand, PCR probably deserves a
separate newsgroup, but it is likely to fall prey of commercials soon
after it is opened.
Cheers,
Alexander Kraev, Ph.D.                 Internet: bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch
Lab. of Biochemistry III               Phone: 0041-1-632-31-47
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology  FAX:   0041-1-632-12-13
Universitaetstr.16
CH-8092 Zurich
"Some ideas are obscure not because they are complex, but because they
 are excluded from our circle of comprehension" - Kozma Prutkov