split bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts?

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Thu May 18 05:20:55 EST 1995

In article <Elich-170595095626 at mac6759.salk.edu>, Elich at sc2.salk.edu (Tedd
Elich) wrote:

> The number of postings on this news group is so large that perhaps it is
> time to split it up into
> various subjects such as PCR, sequencing, plasmids/cloning, antibodies,
> etc. ?  Any thoughts?

  This is not the first time this Idea comes up here.  Surely there is a
lot of traffic here but how many of us use only one method?  Does anyone
do PCR all the time without cloning or sequencing?   The end result of
splitting the group would be that most of us would subscribe to many of
the new newsgroups and since there would inevitably be a lot of
crossposting we would end up having to scan through even more posts.
Let's not make any unnecessary experiments with this successful group.

That were my 0.05 SFr

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland