two-hybrid, detection fusionprotein?

reinhilde at reinhilde at
Thu May 18 02:16:58 EST 1995

From: reinhilde at
Subject: two-hybrid, detection fusionproteins?
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 16:49:26 GMT

I made a fusionprotein with the GAL4 DNA-binding domain in the pAS2 vector
and on Westernblot I could detect the product on the expected
migration-distance. The in-fase-fusion was indeed confirmed by sequence
analysis. The immunodetection was achieved by using an anti-GAL4-DNA
BD-antibody. Unfortunately I have never been able to detect my protein of
interest (C-terminal of the fusion) although I tryed several specific
antibodies that should recognize it. Is there something wrong with the
protein-folding in the yeast cells?

Does anybody succeded in detecting the second part of the BD-fusion by
specific immuno- or other detections?
Please let me know if you did, how big the protein is and if it is (in natural
conditions) an intracellular protein or not.

Thanks for your time and answer...

Reinhilde Schoonjans,           tel. : (32)9/264.53.17
Lab Molecular Biology           e-mail: Reinhilde at
University of Ghent