SDS-PAGE method for small proteins/peptides

ffr.de odin25 at netcom.com
Tue May 23 21:00:38 EST 1995

David J. Westenberg (djwesten at coos.dartmouth.edu) wrote:
: james at chempath.uct.ac.za (James Davidson) writes:

: >Can anyone help me with a good protocol for separating small proteins in the
: >range 1 to 10 kDa using SDS-PAGE?

A few years ago I used 26% acrylamide gels with 10% glycerol and a normal
stacking gel.  That gave nice resolution of the insulin chains 2 and 3 kb.

: Try the method of Schaegger and von Jagow.

: Tricine-Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate-Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis for the
: Separation of Proteins in the Range from 1 to 100 kDa.
: Analytical Biochemistry 166:368-379 (1987).

: dave