ABI sequencing of GC-rich promoter: help!

Heidi Moss hmmoss at MAIL.MED.CORNELL.EDU
Tue May 23 09:58:14 EST 1995

I am attempting to characterize a TATA-less GC-rich promoter element, but
my sequence data in that region is far from perfect. I know my primers
are fine (I am simply working with T7, 22-mer, and T3, 20-mer, for
subclones in pBlue, just to be safe for now), and they have worked
beautifully in other regions from my genomic subclones. In addition, I
carefully purify my DNA via Qiagen and quantitate by spec and agarose gel.
Nonetheless, this region proves to be troublesome.
Any advice would be appreciated: general or specific!!
thanks!
-- Heidi