Sterilize E-poration cuvettes ?

Michael Cooley szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu
Thu May 25 10:25:04 EST 1995

Stefan Baeckstroem (seab at nucleus) wrote:
:  Hello Electroporating people.

: How do you sterilize the single-use cuvettes from Bio-rad ?
: I don't want to throw the cuvettes after one Zapp and I
: wonder if you have some great method for this.
: I guess that you first rinse them with water or something
: directly after the Zapp and then you use ethanol to sterilize with,
: and then letting them dry, but don't you get a layer of dead cells
: after a short while on the aluminium ?

: /Stefan

: --
: 		Stefan Backstrom
: 		seab at nucleus.ibg.uu.se
: 		http://www.ibg.uu.se/~seab

We simply wash with water, incubate 1 hr in 30% HNO3, wash with water,
incubate at least overnight in 95% EtOH. Later, Mike Cooley