LKB Superrac 2211 Fraction collector - instruction manual needed

Norbert E. Kremer nkremer at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Thu May 25 20:19:25 EST 1995

I have an LKB Superrac 2211 Fraction collector, for which the manual has been
lost.

I think I  can figure out how to program it by playing with all the buttons,
but I need help with one of the electrical connections at the back.

I want to hook up the "event marker" pen of a chart recorder to the the
fraction collector, so that I can tell when  a new fraction has been started.
There is a  25 pin connector on the back of the Superrac (labelled "External
INPUT-OUTPUT").   This 25 pin connector is the same as the one used on a
parallel cable on an IBM-compatible printer  (ie DB25).   I just need to know
the pin-out diagram of this connector, especially the 2 or 3 pins that connect
to the "event marker" or "fraction change" contacts.

Many thanks for any responses.  (I hope I am not stretching too far the
definition of  methods-reagents.)

Norbert Kremer                      nkremer at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Dept. of Neurobiology
SUNY Stony Brook NY     Phone (516)474-0535     fax (516)474-0536