LKB Superrac 2211 Fraction collector - instruction manual needed

Fri May 26 11:03:22 EST 1995

On Thu, 25 May 1995, Norbert E. Kremer wrote:

> I have an LKB Superrac 2211 Fraction collector, for which the manual has been
> lost.
>
> I think I  can figure out how to program it by playing with all the buttons,
> but I need help with one of the electrical connections at the back.
>
> I want to hook up the "event marker" pen of a chart recorder to the the
> fraction collector, so that I can tell when  a new fraction has been started.
> There is a  25 pin connector on the back of the Superrac (labelled "External
> INPUT-OUTPUT").   This 25 pin connector is the same as the one used on a
> parallel cable on an IBM-compatible printer  (ie DB25).   I just need to know
> the pin-out diagram of this connector, especially the 2 or 3 pins that connect
> to the "event marker" or "fraction change" contacts.
>
> Many thanks for any responses.  (I hope I am not stretching too far the
> definition of  methods-reagents.)
>
> Norbert Kremer                      nkremer at epo.som.sunysb.edu
> Dept. of Neurobiology
> SUNY Stony Brook NY     Phone (516)474-0535     fax (516)474-0536

Have you tried calling Pharmacia up? They are usually helpful and should
be able to fax you and/or mail you the relevant info.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003