immunoglobulin sequence database

Alex Chang lpss at unixg.ubc.ca
Mon May 29 13:36:22 EST 1995

I'd like to thank Norbert Kremer and T.T. Wu for their help in locating
the databases. Here is the summary of them.

1. ftp site: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, in the directory of /repository/kabat.
There are two versions, one is frequently updated (raw data files) under
directory /dump; the other is the 91(5th edition) version, with genbank
flat files.

2. V base: http://www.mrc-cpe.cam.ac.uk/imt-doc/vbase-home-page.html
It is a comprehensive directory of human ig in germline variable region
sequences compiled from over a thousand separate published seuqences. The
sequences are in text format.

3. gopher://merlot.gdb.org:70/11/Database-local/sequence
It allows you to search the Kabat database.

I have downloaded the sequences from 1 and 2, and now looking for DNA
analysis programs to do alignment, similarity search and other analysis.
We have Genework (2.3.1), I'll try it first. I'll appreciate for
recomendations for those database analysis programs. Again, I'll post a
summary.

Alex Chang
Pathology
University of British Columbia