Help - working in transposon in bacteria.

Richard_Heath heath at mbcf.stjude.org
Mon May 29 13:57:38 EST 1995

In article <1995May28.155012.6608 at tower>, tanli at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (LI, TANG) writes:
> Hi,
> 	I am looking for protocols of transposon in bacteria. Any advice will
> be fully grateful.
> 	Thank you in advance.
>
> 	Tang Li
>
> 	lt at grove.circa.ufl.edu

Do you mean that you want to move genes around/map a mutation using the
transposable elements Tn9 or Tn10?  If so, the best place to look is in:

Miller, J.H. (1992)"A Short Course in Bacterial Genetics," Cold Sping Harbor
Laboratory Press,  ISBN 0-87969-349-5

If you need additional help, such as a protocol to get the Tn back out again
(don't have that ref to hand right now), drop me a msg.

Cheers,

Richard Heath, PhD
St Jude Children's Research Hospital