PvuI error in Maniatis map of lambda gt10?

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 30 13:09:20 EST 1995

Hi, I have been having trouble constructing a lambda vector derived from
lambda gt10. I was planning to substitute another left arm onto the
alledgedly (Maniatis et al 2.41) unique pvuI site at 11930.

However, the gt10 DNA I have (purchased from Promega, uncut) contains a
second PvuI site somewhere in the imm434 insert containing the EcoRI
cloning site.

Is this supposed to be there? Have I got a point mutated strain from Promega?

Or - shock, horror, blasphemy- is there a mistake in Maniatis?

Anybody know?

TIA

--
John Dixon                     Lab 44 (223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute         Fax 44 (223) 334134
United Kingdom       e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk