EST clones

Massimo Delledonne delle at sc2.salk.edu
Wed May 31 23:54:35 EST 1995

obrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu (PJOB) wrote:

>Is there a FAQ regarding the Expressed Sequence Tag database and the clones
>described therein?

yes, I don't know if it is really a FAQ but anyway it explain everything
about EST ... but I don't remember where it is .. sorry .. take a look to
http://lenti.med.umn.edu/arabidopsis/arab_top_page.html ..
from where you should be able to find it ...

> If not, can anyone tell me if the sequences in the database represent the
>entire insert of a given clone, or just a single sequencing run from one of
>the two universal primers that flank the insert?
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

At least for arabidopsis, the sequence represent a single run from one
(usually the 5') site of the cDNA ....
I got some clones ranging from 500 to 1400 bp ...

hope this help

Massimo

=========
Massimo Delledonne, PhD

permanent address: Istituto di Genetica Vegetale
                   Universita' Cattolica S.Cuore, 29100 Piacenza ITALY
                   Ph. (+39) 523-599209    Fax (+39) 523-599283
                   internet: delle at pc.unicatt.it

PLEASE NOTE: