RNase H digestion of RNA/cDNA hybrid

S.A. Frantz saf4 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 06:43:17 EST 1995

Hello,
        Could anybody help me please? I want to do a RNase H digest
of total RNA annealed to a specific oligo (a 20mer), run the digested
product on a gel, blot and then probe it. In order to see any bands
on an autoradiograph, I will have to load 60 micrograms of digested RNA on the
gel. The problem I have is that I haven't been able to find any
protocols for digesting this amount of total RNA with RNase H so I
would like to know if anyone has a protocol or references that could
help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance

Simon Frantz

Department of Medicine