the function of -70 for X-ray film

Sasha Kraev kraev at
Wed Nov 1 11:51:48 EST 1995

David, I felt like responding to the other, not entirely accurate
statement, that was more about the screen rather than the emulsion.
This question belongs to a newsgroup or something like,
however, I am not sure that it takes exactly two hits to make a
development centre in a silver grain, as the mechanism of reciprocity
failure is outside my profession. However, perhaps you know why the
films like Reflection can be ( according to NEN-DuPont's ad )
exposed at RT and still are as sensitive as their old counterparts,
exposed at -70 C?