any good/bad experience with laser light scattering devices / particle sizer?

Gerald Boehm gerald.boehm at biochemtech.uni-halle.de
Thu Nov 2 11:22:58 EST 1995

Hi Folks,

we are looking for a laser light scattering device ("Particle Sizer") for our
institute. Instrument is dedicated for the measurement / analysis of virus
assembly in vitro, so particles from 1 nm to 1 .u.m should be detectable.
Particle characterization includes molecular weight, particle size, particle
shape, and distributtion analysis for heterogeneous mixtures. Good software is
absolute neccessary.

ANYONE GOOD OR BAD EXPERIENCES WITH THESE DEVICES / INSTRUMENTS? All comments
and company addresses are welcome.

Gerald Boehm
Institut fuer Biotechnologie
Martin-Luther-Universitaet Halle