p53 clone

Chris Porter cporter at gdb.org
Thu Nov 2 10:57:40 EST 1995

In article <46pukj$98k_002 at mel.dbe.csiro.au>,
Theo.Dopheide at mel.dbe.csiro.au (Theo Dopheide) wrote:

> Hi,to all of you. I am new to this game, but I am also game to try. I
> would like to get my hands on a clone containing a non-mutant form of
> human p53. Anyone willing to share? Thanks.
> Theo Dopheide at mel.dbe.csiro.au

Theo,

One way to find clones for human p53 would be to look in the Genome Data
Base (GDB). Our main web server is at:

http://gdbwww.gdb.org/

but we have two mirror sites in Australia at:

http://morgan.angis.su.oz.au/gdb/docs/gdbhome.html
http://www.wehi.edu.au/gdb/docs/gdbhome.html

(a complete list of GDB mirrors can be found under the "GDB Web Server
Mirror Sites" link on the home page).

Click on the "GDB Browser" link, then click "Probes" on the picture which
comes up on the next page. This will bring up the Probe Query form. Type
P53 in the _locus_ symbol field (the official HUGO symbol is TP53, but P53
is an alias) and click on the "Submit Query" button.

When the search is complete, you will be presented with a list of probes
for the TP53 locus. In this list you should be able to find cloned cDNA
and genomic probes. Click on a link to get more detailed information about
that probe. Below the probe information you will find a link to a contact
- a person who can be contacted in order to get the probe. You will also
find links to the locus record and relevant citations.

If you have any questions about GDB, or need more help with searches,
please send email to help at gdb.org. You can also ask GDB-related questions
on the bionet.molbio.gdb newsgroup.

I hope that this information proves useful.

Sincerely,

Chris Porter

Christopher J Porter                                Phone: +1 (410) 614-1851
Data Acquisition and Curation                         Fax: +1 (410) 614-0434
Genome Data Base                                      Email: cporter at gdb.org

       *** The GDB Browser on the WWW *** http://gdbwww.gdb.org/ ***