Deconex ?

Sasha Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 2 06:43:28 EST 1995

This question is not really so stupid, as detergents are a tricky
matter, and you never know what exactly inside the bottle with a certain
brand name is. We use Deconex 11 Universal, but the simplest way to
clean these plates is submerge in 1 M NaOH for about an hour and then
rinse well under running water and finally with good quality ethanol.
Some protocols that use covalent linkage of gel, actually call for this
step, which also clears away the remnants of the previous gel. On the
other hand, many dishwash detergents ( even some containing <lanoline>
for hand protection ) can be successfully used, but that depends on the
country, I guess... I suggest you look into the FAQ list for latest
developments in this area, I remember some kitchen items are in use
there...
Cheers,

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:    kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch