BMB's Rapid DNA ligation kit

Gamal E. Osman, Ph.D. gamal at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 2 14:34:13 EST 1995

Hi!

Let me describe all I know about BMB's Rapid DNA ligation kit:

(a) Components of BMB's Rapid DNA ligation kit; (1) a normal T4 DNA ligase i.e., any T4
DNA ligasefrom any vender should work. However, according to my experience, BMB T4
DNA ligase is the ligase of choice because it did work for me  every time I did perform a
DNA ligation experiment, (2) 5X DNA dilution buffer, and (3) 2X ligation buffer. As you
can see the key in that kit is the two buffers. Don't be surprised then if BMB would not
reveal the components of those two buffers.
(b) The only difference between this kit and any overnight DNA ligation experiment is the
time factor. If the time factor is important to you then you should consider using this kit
because it is the only kit that allows you to finish your ligation experiment in 5-10 minutes
and it did work for me in every experiment. Whether I had a blunt-end or a sticky-end
ligation exeriment.

I wish you all the best with your work.
Sincerely,

Gamal E. Osman, Ph.D.
University of Washington School of Medicine
Department of Molecular Biotechnology
Seattle, WA  98195

gamal at u.washington.edu