Pointer to Methods FAQ list

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Nov 3 14:27:41 EST 1995

Taunja Lee Palmer-Stone wrote:

> If the FAQs were posted I would be more than happy to read them, however
> they aren't currently showing up on the newsgroup reader I use, in which
> case I would need to know where to download them from (which is probably
> in the FAQ).

I do not post the FAQ list regularly since it is available from many locations
and I try not to clutter the newsgroup any more than it is. It is a big file
and some people have to wait a long time to download it through e-mail or
newsreader.  Some people also have size limits for spooling messages on their
computers, which can cause difficulties.  I do however post this pointer, and
my .sig has the information for FTP, WWW, and e-mail access.  I post to this
group several times per week unless I'm having newsreader problems. If you did
not get the FAQ list that I sent by e-mail, please let me know and I will send
it again.

If all else fails, you can always point your gopher at net.bio.net and look
under:

-->  61. METHDS-REAGNTS/

 -->  58. METHODS.FAQ  [17Aug95, 96kb].

However, updates are set up on my ftp site first, so that's where to look first
for the current copy.

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list for bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts is
available by anonymous FTP from ftp.ncifcrf.gov as the file
pub/methods/FAQlist. It is also available by anonymous FTP from net.bio.net as
pub/BIOSCI/METHDS-REAGNTS/METHODS.FAQ If you don't know how to use FTP to
obtain the FAQ list, you may request a copy by e-mail to pnh at ncifcrf.gov

FTP archives of all the BIOSCI/bionet messages are available at net.bio.net in
/pub/BIOSCI. Contact biosci-help at net.bio.net for further help or comments on
the archives. One of the best ways to search for past articles is by using
GOPHER pointed to net.bio.net as described in detail on the methods FAQ list.

New users of BIOSCI/bionet may want to read the BIOSCI FAQ list. This list
provides details on how to participate in these forums and is available by
anonymous FTP from net.bio.net in pub/BIOSCI/biosci.FAQ. It may also be
requested by sending e-mail to biosci-help at net.bio.net The FAQ sheet is
posted on the first of each month to the newsgroup BIONEWS/bionet.announce
immediately following the posting of the BIOSCI information sheet.

Both of these FAQ lists are available through my homepage at the URL...

            ***** http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/ *****