Chemical cleavage and TEAB?

Ldaitzman ldaitzman at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 09:31:41 EST 1995

A publication on chemical cleavage (Solid Phase Methods for Sequencing of
Oligodeoxyribonucleotides and DNA, Methods in Enzymology Vol. 155 (1987))
mentions the chemical "TEAB" for desorption of oligonucleotides from solid
supports. We assumed TEAB to be "tetraethyl ammonium bromide" or "triethyl
ammonium bicarbonate",  but we do not observe the same properties
described by the authors.

We have not been able to contact the authors. We would be grateful if
anyone could tell us the full chemical name for TEAB when used for this
application?