RT-PCR

Klaus Salger salger at wap1.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Nov 3 15:53:46 EST 1995

Holger Bohnemeier (Bohnemeier at ukbf.fu-berlin.de) wrote:
: So I supose a) the sequences published for GAPDH mRNA (cDNA) and
:                the corresponding genomic DNA are not correct
:                (there might be polymorphisms laking 4 introns?),
:             b) my Taq-Polymerase (GIBCO) has a slight RT-activity
:                producing few cDNA molecules during the first steps of
:                PCR.
: My question:
:    Has anyone encountered with similar problems? Are there any ideas
:    about this phenomenon (for me)?

it's b).
Taq has been reported to have some RT-activity. I don't have the
references handy but could send them to you by e-mail if you are interested.
This subject has also been treated in this group previously, so you might
find some more information in the archive (e.g. gopher://net.bio.net).

Cheers
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : +49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany