Q : Sequencer

aaron jacob kelly ajkelly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Sun Nov 5 12:27:10 EST 1995

our group is verry interested in an automatic sequencer. So we would like to
get some information from peoples who have some expirience with the
"Alf-Express"-Sequencer from Pharmacia and the Li-Cor-Sequencer.
Thanks a lot for your help !
<<

hi,
we have access to a li-cor sequencer in our department and i have used it
alot with great success using labeled primers.  i personally have not had
much success with internal labeling, but i was using a new protocol.
someone else in our lab has gotten that to work as well.

the larger model seemed to give much better results than the shorter
one.  i have typically gotten around 800 basepairs of pretty good read
using just the autosequencing with no manual editing.  i have gotten up
to 1000 basepairs with only a few ambiguities, but 650 of that was vector.
we use the sequitherm kit from epicenter technologies.

good luck,
aaron
ajkelly at ucs.indiana.edu
http://nickel.ucs.indiana.edu/~ajkelly/home.html