BIIIIG problem with top-agarose

Hilde Nilsen hilden at unigen.unit.no
Sat Nov 4 06:32:23 EST 1995

Hallo reader

I am screening a genomic lambda libary. I am using host cells without selection.
The problem is that as I am transferring the plaques to Hybond N+ membranes,
the top-agarose adheres to the membrane thereby ruining everything.
I suspect this to happen because of moisture between the top-agarose and the medium.

So, what can I do to prevent this? I am cooling the medium to 50 deg. celsius before
preparing the plates so too hot medium should not be the problem.

Please  help me!

My e-mail address: hilde.nilsen at unigen.unit.no