Any new Concentrators for start volumes of 10-15mL?

Michael Myers myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Sun Nov 5 09:46:25 EST 1995

In article <47gugs$qn5 at news2.cts.com>, gambler at cts.com (Phil Terman) wrote:

>Does anyone know of any new concentrators on the Market for starting
volumes of 10-15mL?  The device I use now requires me to continually stop
my centrifuge to decant..thats a drag.

Check out the new concentrators from Millipore. I haven't actually used
one yet, but will eventually. They are designed differently than the
Centricon brand, consequently you *don't* have to decant and spin a second
time. There is a 15ml load device, you simply spin it in a 50 conical
falcon tube. It has a dead-stop so you can't inadvertently spin the sample
to dryness.

Michael Myers
Laboratory of Genetics
The Rockefeller University