DNA extraction of 140 kb piece from agarose

aaron jacob kelly ajkelly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Sun Nov 5 12:49:55 EST 1995

I have been having difficulty in isolating a 140 kb piece of DNA
from a TBE agarose (1% SeaKem GTG) plug.  The plug contains
~500 ng of DNA.  I have tried the Gene Clean II kit but was un-
successful.
<<

christina,

when gene cleaning? we were using tbe gels for better resolution
but switched to tae since we often need to recover fragments and
gene clean works much better with tae gels.
Bio101, inc. also makes the MERmaid kit for isolating fragments under 200
basepairs.  one or both kits come with a tbe modifier for use when using
tbe gels.

best of luck,
aaron
ajkelly at ucs.indiana.edu