covalent protein-plastic linkage

Scott Vande Pol sbv at pop.cwru.edu
Mon Nov 6 09:35:00 EST 1995

Greetings:
		I would like to purify my biotinylated pcr products onto avidin coated
96-well plates and then prepare ssDNA for sequencing by alkaline
denaturation.  Will proteins stuck onto polystyrene with carbonate buffer
(ie non-covalent) stay attached in 0.1 M NaOH?  Is there a better way to do
this by covalent coupling of the protein to a 96 well plate?  Can one
couple enough avidin onto the plastic to make it worth while?  Any advise
or protocols on the covalent coupling of proteins to 96 well plastic plates
would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--
Scott Vande Pol