DNA purification from polyacrylamide gels / kits?

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Nov 6 12:38:17 EST 1995

Timo Hiltunen wrote:

| I am looking for a KIT for DNA purification from polyacrylamide gels.
| I know the procedure in the Red Book, but does an even easier one
| exist?
|
| All the kits for DNA purification from gels that I've seen
| are designed for agarose.

A kit?!??? >:^{

Electroelute it against 6,000-8,000 MW cutoff dialysis tubing in TBE.
This gives me nearly 100% recovery of 50-200 bp DNA. Build your own
device or use the eppi-tube technique. References are in here. Grab
it at my FTP site.

@article{Hengen1994Septibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Recovering {DNA} from agarose gels",
volume = "19",
number = "9",
pages = "388-389",
month = "sep",