U373 cell transfection?

Dave Lukac Lukac at a1.mscf.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:38:47 EST 1995

Hamid_Khoja at cc.chiron.com wrote:

> I am looking for an efficient and reliable method of transfecting  U373
> cells(human astrocytoma).  I would greatly appreciate any protocols or
> references.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Hamid_Khoja at cc.chiron.com
> This is my sig. It's a good sig.
>
> Email Address:   ME at chiron.com
> Phone Number:    (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I have been using the standard calcium phosphate protocol to transfect
this cell line without a problem.  The only set-back I've encountered
is that the cells do not seem to be very active for use with CAT assays
(transfected CAT as a reporter), so I switched to luciferase (I don't
know if this is what you're interested in doing with the U373s).

Dave