Apoptosis measurements on frozen tissue

Angela Hofstra Hofstra at aa.wl.com
Tue Nov 7 14:05:04 EST 1995

Hi,

Has anyone had any success measuring apoptosis on frozen tissue sections?
We have frozen mouse liver sections.  We tried to separate out individual
cells so we could use a flow cytometry method but the cells did not
remain intact.  If anyone has a good method for isolating intact cells
from frozen tissue I'd love to read about it.

We also tried the in situ kit from Oncor with no success on the frozen
tissue, although it worked well on parrafin embedded tissue.

Thanks,

Angela