Qiagen plasmid kits

Nikolai Chitaev nikolaic at VISAR.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Nov 7 14:36:44 EST 1995

> To: methods-and-reagents at net.bio.net
> From: lc113 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (J.S. Good)
> Subject: Qiagen plasmid kits
> Date: 7 Nov 1995 17:03:38 GMT
> Does anyone have any advice they can share on how to maximise the
> yield from this kit? How can you get reproducibly constant yields?
> It seems to be a matter of luck more than anything else.

In our hands Qiagen spin columns (mini prep) works exelent taking into
account that we work with low copy plasmids (ColE1 replicon) and with
TG1 strain which is not the best.
The same could be said about maxi-preps with Qiagen tip 500. 2.8-3.5
mg/ml of plasmid is obtained routinly.
P.S. Have no affiliation with Qiagen, just user.
P.P.S Grow cells in TB overnight and use appropriate protocol suplied
with the kit.

Good luck
Nikolai
http://128.252.119.253