Which RT for this?

workshop at dnatech.com workshop at dnatech.com
Tue Nov 7 13:23:27 EST 1995

>   dlburg at umich.edu (Dan Burgess) writes:
>  Does anyone out there have a good idea of which Reverse Transcriptase
>  (RT) has the highest activity under mammalian cellular conditions
>  (37 degrees C, ionic conditions, etc.)?  I'm looking for one which is
>  cloned, and preferably if the gene is available for non-commercial
>  basic research use.  Please reply either here or to: dlburg at umich.edu
>  Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
>  Dan Burgess
>  U of Michigan, Dept. of Human Genetics
>  Ann Arbor, MI.
>
>  http://www.umich.edu/~dlburg/homepage.html
>  dlburg at umich.edu

MMLV reverse transcriptase is generally a good choice, if 37 C is a must for your reaction.  It is often used interchangeably with the
same reaction buffers that are supplied/used for reverse transcription with AMV reverse transcriptase.  If you are looking for a good
kit in which these enzymes can be used interchangeably, please let me know at the e-mail address below and I'll let you which I use
most often.

Bob Farrell
workshop at dnatech.com