High Resolution mini-gels?

S.K.Green S.K.Green at shef.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 08:58:45 EST 1995

Dear Petros,

I routinely use an acrylamide vertical gel system (Bio-rad mini protean
for example).  Use acrylamide, TBE and water to make up gel and set with
TEMED and ammonium persulphate.  You can separate DNA fragments of
similar sizes depending on the acrylamide concentration you use.  I use
9% to separate fragments of 200-300bp, you might need to lower or
increase the acrylamide, depending on your separation.

Good Luck

Sue Green, Ph.D.