RediVue and EasyTides..Good?

Tom Paquette paquette at shaman.nexagen.com
Tue Nov 7 12:52:58 EST 1995

We are looking at using room temperature 32P-gamma-ATP in an Amersham
dispenser.  We use several millicuries per week but have had a couple
of instances where the free PO4 as assessed by PEI sheet is 40 or 50%.
It is clear that precise use conditions may be of relevance here, perhaps
utmost relevance. E.g. the dispenser only does 10ul per shot and someone
needing 20 ul might carry PNK back into the storage ampule.  Now I never
heard of anyone mixing kinase or any other reactions in an order other
than A-B-C-32P-enzyme and we did put up a sign that says you have to pipet
32P into clean tubes. But the question is whether anyone else has had
good or bad experiences with these room temperature 32P nucleotides from
NEN and Amersham?  On the surface of it, and especially for us, they seem to
be significant advantage since they are quick and easy to use and ought to
be replaced on a weekly basis.  Thanks

Tom Paquette, PhD
Senior Scientist
RSO