Qiagen plasmid kits

Margon Vandongen vando005 at mc.duke.edu
Wed Nov 8 13:37:11 EST 1995

Stephen and others

Exactly what I meant in the previous posting. Even if you follow
the kit to perfection it will depend on the construct and plasmid
you are using. (And yes I did read the troubleshooting section)
Too much time and effort for too little DNA. I have to say though
that I did try other columns from different companies with the same
results, so it appears not to be a problem with the Qiagen columns
only. I also did comparisons with columns versus different manual
methods from the same culture so I knew I had the DNA there, but
still got very inconsistent yields with the columns.
We do use miniprepcolumns from Promega though and seem to have
consistent yield with those which makes me think it might be a
problem before the column in the large scales protocols. What do you
think?

Margon